Cindy's Brownies





I'm not sure what the occasion was, but my niece, who was just a kid back then, is given credit for making these brownies back in the 1980s.  My family always knows which brownies we're talking about when we say we're making "Cindy's brownies."   Thank you, Cindy Pierce Medlock!

Ingredients:

2/3 cups sifted flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 c butter ( or 1/4 c oil)
2 squares of unsweetened chocolate (OR 6 Tbsp cocoa plus 2 Tbsp oil)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:

Mix, spread in greased 8x8x2 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  Cool in pan, cut into squares.  Save the middle piece for me!

No icing necessary.  They're delicious just the way they are.

Note:  Since I don't usually stock unsweetened chocolate, I had to come up with a substitute, so 3 Tbsp of cocoa plus 1 Tbsp oil makes ONE square of unsweetened chocolate.




Comments

Post a Comment