Alton Brown Granola

Kathy Lawton makes this granola, but of course I don't always follow directions, so I'm writing it here the way I made it.  It's actually called the Alton Brown Granola, and Kathy said one time when all of her girls were together they had a granola contest.  This is the one everyone liked the best.

6 cups rolled oats
2 cups slivered almonds
2 cups cashews (I used slightly salted)
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil  (original recipe calls for vegetable oil)
1 1/2 tsp salt

Sprinkle cinnamon over mixture once you put on the cookie sheets.  Takes 2 sheets.

Add 2 cups raisins

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Mix oats, nuts, and coconut.  In separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil and salt.  Combine both mixtures so the oats are moist and pour onto cookie sheet pans.  (Takes 2).  Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and add raisins.

Thank you, Kathy!




Comments